Course: Main - Dish: Meat - Serves: 4-6
This recipe is great for using up Christmas leftovers. If you haven’t enough turkey to fill the pie dish try adding canned ham or additional vegetables – leeks and broccoli also work well.
- Preheat your oven to fan 170°C, conventional 190°C, gas 5.
- Empty the soup into a bowl and stir in the crème fraîche or milk.
- Add the turkey, stuffing, sweetcorn and seasoning to the bowl.
- Grease a 20cm ovenproof pie dish, then take two thirds of the pastry, roll it out on a floured surface and lay it onto the dish. Trim off the excess pastry.
- Place the prepared filling into the pastry-lined dish.
- Dampen the edge of the pastry rim with water, roll out the remaining pastry and cover the pie. Seal the edges well and trim neatly.
- Make a small hole in the centre of the pie to allow steam to escape, then brush the surface with milkor beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the pastry is golden.