This month’s guest recipe comes from Stephanie Cvetkovic, Content Editor at Expert Home Tips.
“Tuna is a highly nutritious food source that, with a little imagination, can taste pretty amazing. I took inspiration from my love of classic Asian flavours to whip up this tasty, high-protein meal, perfect for lunch. It’s an energising midday meal, wholesome enough to keep you going and light enough to prevent that sluggish feeling. If you do want to bulk it out, however, a side of rice noodles or wholegrain rice would be a complimentary addition.
“The recipe involves only basic ingredients, many of which you’ll already have hiding in your food cupboard, so there really is no excuse for not giving this one a go!”
- Finely dice garlic & place in a small bowl. Add remaining dressing ingredients & mix until smooth.
- Empty contents of tuna into a small mixing bowl, putting the can to one side.
- Finely chop spring onion & add to tuna.
- Crack egg into a bowl, add soy & whisk
- Add egg mix to tuna & combine until smooth.
- Section tuna mix into 4 equal ‘patties’.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, then add patties.
- Cook on high for 2 mins each side, then lower heat & cook for a further 2 mins on each side.
- Meanwhile, peel carrot & cucumber using a Julienne Peeler or spiralizer, then chop roughly.
- Eat immediately, or wait to cool, place in containers (I get mine from Box Appetit) & refrigerate for a healthy lunch on the go.