This Tuna, Tomato & Spinach Risotto was created exclusively for Canned Food UK by Mandy Simmonds:
“I bet all of you have the majority of these ingredients in your store cupboard. Am I right? I think this recipe really shows that you don’t have to spend a lot or dash off to the shops to buy something new to eat well. Tins of tuna and tomatoes are such versatile ingredients to have in your store cupboard. I don’t think I am ever without either of them. This recipe is simple to make and went down a storm with both of my boys. Delicious! “
- Sauté the onions in oil until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Stir the rice into the onion mixture and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes, stir and warm through. Add the hot stock ladle at a time.
- Keep stirring until the stock has been absorbed. Repeat until the rice is just cooked and it's still slightly soupy. Add the tuna, spinach and butter.
- Stir and warm through. Add a little more stock if it looks too thick.