45 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4-6.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a wok or deep sided frying pan, fry the onion until soft and just changing colour, add the garlic and fry for a minute.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, drained juice from the cherry tomatoes and sugar. Simmer rapidly until the tomato sauce thickens.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and olives; remove from heat and leave to cool while you prepare the pastry.
5. Roll the pastry into a rectangle approximately 22cm x 35cm and place on a baking sheet, score with a sharp knife 2cm from the outside edge, without cutting through the pastry.
6. Brush the outside edge of the pastry with milk.
7. Spread pesto over the pastry base, top with tomato sauce and goats cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is well risen, and the cheese is golden.