You can replace the green beans with frozen peas. For an even healthier dish, replace tuna with canned oily fish such as salmon, sardines or mackerel, which contain Omega-3 fatty acids. Use sustainable canned fish when possible. Serves 2-3. Preparation 10 minutes. Cooking time 20 minutes.
· Heat the butter and oil in a pan.
· Add the chopped onion and fry until it is softening, then add the pepper and chilli (if using) and continue frying for two minutes.
· Add the rice and mix well to coat it with the butter and oil,
· Then add the tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat and simmer very gently for about 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
· Heat a pan of boiling water, plunge the beans into the water, then boil for a minute and drain.
· Gently stir the beans and tuna into the cooked rice mixture, replace the lid and leave to cook through for five minutes.
· Delicious served garnished with chopped parsley or coriander.