If you are celebrating Halloween this month, why not try out this twist on the traditional toffee apple? These toffee apple brownies make a great party snack.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 28x22cm baking tin.
- Gently melt together the butter, chocolate, and sugar in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Leave to cool slightly and then, gradually beat in the eggs.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa and baking powder and stir into the chocolate mixture, until combined. Pour into the lined tin and spread out an even layer.
- Drop spoonfuls of the caramel over the cake mixture and swirl through with the back of a spoon. Scatter with the apple slices.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until risen and a slight wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely in the tin before slicing.