Why just have steak when you can have a steak pie as well!?
One for all those pies fans out there, this is served with a quick but delicious mushroom puree. We’re a big fan!
- Mix the canned steak and half the can of fried onions, drain, reserving the liquor, stir through a tsp oil and season.
- Cut eight 9cm diameter discs out of the pastry, press four discs into a bun tin, 5cm in diameter and fill with the pie mix and top with a little more truffle oil. Brush the pastry edges with egg wash, cover with the remaining four pastry discs, press down the edges and seal around with a fork.
- Brush the lids with the remaining egg and pierce a hole in the tops. Place back in the fridge to reset the pastry.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the mushrooms and add to a pan with the double cream and some seasoning, heat for 10 minutes on a low heat then blend to a puree.
- Reduce the beef stock and add the reserved liquor and a little truffle Keep warm.
- Cook the steak and greens to your liking and serve with the pie, puree and gravy.