The combination of some delicious ingredients, this soufflé is a great starter for a dinner party.
50 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 6.
1. Grease 6 ramekins with a little butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
3. Place the spinach in a sieve over a bowl and squeeze the moisture out of the spinach using a back of fork. Place the spinach onto a thick layer of kitchen paper to absorb the moisture, repeating as necessary to ensure that the spinach is as dry as possible.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shallots, cook until soft but not coloured.
5. Pour the soup into a pan and heat gently, making sure it doesn’t boil. Add the lemon juice, mustard and seasoning to taste.
6. Remove from the heat and beat in the egg yolks, add the shallot, ham and spinach.
7. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and then fold them into the spinach mixture.
8. Spoon the mixture into the soufflé dishes and place in the centre of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until well risen and golden.
9. Serve immediately.