This month’s guest recipe comes from Fran at ‘franlauren.com’, a food and lifestyle blog.
This recipe for spicy black bean tacos makes enough for 12 and takes around 1 hour to prepare.
- Soak the chipotle chilli in just enough boiling water to cover it, for 20 mins, then finely chop.
- While the chilli is soaking, finely chop the celery, garlic and jalapenos.
- Heat a non-stick casserole pan over a medium-high heat and add the oil, celery, garlic, chopped chillies, bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Fry for a few minutes, until the celery is softened.
- Add the tomato puree and spices and mix in well, then add the tinned tomatoes and veg stock pot or cube. Rinse the tomato tin around with a splash of boiled water and pour this in too.
- Mix well to break up and dissolve the stock pot.
- Add the drained black beans and dark chocolate, then give it a final mix and bring to the boil with the lid on, before turning it down low to simmer for an hour.
- After about half an hour, carefully take out the cinnamon stick, and keep the lid off for the remaining half hour.
- Check and stir occasionally to make sure it hasn’t dried up.
- Taste it, and season with salt and pepper, then serve with the mini tortilla wraps, yogurt, salad, cheese, avocado…whatever your heart desires!