Course: Main - Dish: Vegetarian - Serves: 4
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large pieces. Place the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly and then mash the potato. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, dry off the chickpeas with kitchen towel. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt. Spread out on a large baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Mix the pumpkin gently into the potato, and gradually stir in the flour until you have a dough that is soft and slightly sticky. Work the dough as quickly and as little as possible or it will become very sticky.
- Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and divide into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a long log, approx 2cm thick. Cut the log into approx 2cm pieces. Place the gnocchi onto a large floured baking tray (make sure they don’t touch or they will stick together). Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and sautee the gnocchi for a few seconds on each side until golden brown and remove.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic to gently soften. Stir through the spinach and continue to cook for 2 – 3 minutes until warmed through. Add the warm gnocchi. Gently toss together and serve topped with the crispy chickpeas.