Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1¼ hours
· Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
· Heat 1Tbsp oil in a large flameproof casserole dish. Fry the pork in batches, browning well and set aside.
· Add remaining oil and fry the onions, when just beginning to brown add the garlic and fennel.
· Add the meat and any juices back into the dish, sprinkle over the flour and stir well.
· Gradually add the wine, stock and tomatoes, season well and add the thyme sprigs.
· Cover, cook in the oven for one hour add the borlotti beans and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove the thyme sprigs and replace with fresh to garnish.
· Delicious served with sprouting broccoli.