Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to fan 200°C, conventional 220°C, gas 7.
- Flour the surface and unroll pastry sheet.
- Cut pastry in half horizontally and then cut each half into three squares.
- Lay the squares onto baking sheets. Using a knife mark a 1cm border on each, being careful not to go all the way through the pastry.
- Brush each square with beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and slightly risen.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for five minutes.
- Carefully rescore each border to release steam and then gently push down the centre of each tart.
- Using an ice-cream scoop divide the caramel between the tarts, pressing it down slightly to allow it to spread evenly. Sprinkle each tart with a pinch of sea salt.
- Fill each tart with the pears and then return to oven for a further 8-10 minutes, to allow the caramel to spread and the pears to warm through.
- To serve allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then dredge each tart with a little sieved icing sugar.