Moroccan Chicken with Minted Cous Cous and Chick Peas
Course: Main - Dish: Meat - Serves: 4
This recipe provides you with a great source of folic acid, as well as being a filling and nutritious meal.
1 hour to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
1. Slash the chicken breast 3 or 4 times.
2. Place the garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin, the juice of half the lemon and 1 tablespoon of the mint leaves in a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and turn a few times. Leave to marinate for approximdately 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cover the cous cous with boiling water and leave to soak for approximately 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and mix with the chick peas, apricots, the rest of the mint leaves and nuts.
4. Pre-heat the grill. Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray and grill for 6 or 7 minutes each side until cooked through.
5. Spoon the cous cous onto a plate and place the chicken on top. Serve with a green vegetable.
Nutritional information per serving:
Of which saturates: 1.8g
Chickpeas are a source of vitamin E, great for your skin and maintaining a healthy heart
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
½ -1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (use according to taste)
A pinch of paprika
A pinch ground cumin