Course: Starter - Dish: Fish - Serves: 2
A fun take on crab cakes with an optional hint of chilli heat, great served with a green salad.
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients. Shape the mixture into six equal size patties.
2. Cover the patties with cling film and place in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a frying pan heat a little oil and shallow fry the crab cakes on a medium heat for two or three minutes on each side until golden.
4. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Serve with chilli dipping sauce and a small handful of rocket.
Hints and Tips
To save time crab cakes can be made the day before, covered with cling film and then placed in the refrigerator overnight. Canned crab is a good source of iron, which can stave off fatigue.