Course: Dessert - Dish: Vegetarian - Serves: 6 - 8
- Pre-heat the oven to 120°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Using a plate or cake tin, draw a 28cm circle on the parchment (remember to turn it over or you may get pencil on your meringue).
- Using a stand mixer whisk the chickpea liquid for approx 10 minutes until thick and forms soft peaks. 1 teaspoon at a time, add the caster sugar whisking between each addition. Then, continue whisking for 2 – 3 minutes to ensure all the caster sugar is combined.
- Using a large spoon, spoon the meringue onto the parchment in large blobs to make a wreath shape, using the pencil circle as a guide. Using the back of a spoon, make a dip in the top of each blob.
- Bake for 2 - 2.5 hours until crisp, then turn off the oven and leave to cool with the oven door shut, for approx 1 hour. Remove from the oven and store in an airtight container (if not using straight away).
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, spices and vanilla. Gently stir through the drained apricots to coat. Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray and roast for 12 – 15 minutes until warmed through and the sugar has melted.
- Open the coconut milk tins and pour off the clear liquid. Whisk the coconut cream until thick. Gently stir through the icing sugar. Add a little of the reserved apricot juice if the cream is too thick.
- To serve, place the meringue wreath onto a large flat plate and top with the coconut cream and apricots. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon, if desired.