Course: Main - Dish: Vegetarian - Serves: 4
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion until starting to soften.
- Cut the jackfruit into 1-2cm pieces and finely chop the coriander stalks (saving the leaves), then stir both into the onion.
- Add the chipotle paste, tomatoes, brown sugar and 250ml water. Stir together and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for approx. 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and place the tortillas in an oven proof dish.
- Scoop out the avocado, squeeze over the lime and mash with a fork. Season to taste.
- Stir the black beans into the jackfruit mixture and cook for a further 5 – 8 minutes until the beans start to soften. Add a little extra water if it looks a little thick or too dry.
- Warm the tortillas for 5 – 10 minutes in the oven. Top with the jackfruit mixture, avocado and tomatoes. Tear and scatter over the reserved coriander leaves to serve.