Course: Main - Dish: Vegetarian - Serves: 4
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and pepper until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the jackfruit into 2 – 3 cm pieces.
- Stir the spices, mixed herbs, rice and jackfruit into the onion mixture, until thoroughly coated.
- Add the vegetable stock, tinned cherry tomatoes and tomato puree. Gently stir through and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook gently for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the last 2 minutes, stir through the peas and continue to simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Season to taste and serve with a handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley.