A refreshing spring dish that uses tinned salmon, canned green beans, creamed cheese and puff pastry. Perfect for April picnics!
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together the soft cheese, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of juice and the chopped chives. In a separate bowl gently stir together the salmon and green beans.
- Unroll puff pastry sheet and cut into 8 rectangles (8cm x 12cm). Place the pastry rectangles onto the lined baking sheet, leaving space between them.
- Thickly spread the cheese mixture onto the middle of the rectangles, leaving about 1cm border for the pastry to puff up. Top with the salmon and beans.
- Brush a little beaten egg over the pastry borders and bake for 18-20 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden.