Friday night take out! These homemade kebabs use tinned ham thinly sliced and then griddled, with chilli sauce (you can even make that at home too!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°C / Gas mark 9 and place a baking tray in to heat up.
- To make the pita bread, place the flour and yeast into a large bowl. Add the oil and 80ml warm water and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 8-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a thin oval shape about 3-5mm thick. Place onto the pre-heated baking tray and bake for 6 - 8 minutes, or until they just start to colour. Leave to cool.
- To make the chilli sauce, fry the garlic and chilli in a little oil. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and sugar. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Fry or griddle the sliced ham, until heated through.
- Slice open the warm pita bread and fill with the salad ingredients, layer the ham slices on top and spoon over chilli sauce to serve.