Just in time for National Picnic Week, Canned Food UK brings you the next recipe in its ‘Family Fakeaway’ series – Hawaiian Pizza. This recipe uses a range of canned fruit, vegetables and meat for a tasty takeaway pizza alternative.
- Place the flour and yeast into a large bowl. Add the salt, oil and 160ml warm water and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 8-10 minutes , until smooth and elastic.
- Roll out the dough to about 12 inches, making a thin pizza base. Place onto a greased or lined baking tray.
- Stir together the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, then spread over the pizza base. Top with the ham, pineapple and cheese. Leave to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6. When ready, bake the pizza for 18-20 minutes, until risen and golden brown.