This Halloumi, Vegetable & Chickpea Traybake with Salsa Verde recipe was created exclusively for Canned Food by Mandy Simmonds of Simply food by Mandy. The flavours in this dish work beautifully together and the salsa verde adds the perfect punch of flavour.
Serves two generously or three/four as part of a tapas-style meal
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (conventional) / 180°C (fan)
- Add the onions, peppers, squash and aubergine to a large roasting tin. Drizzle generously with olive oil, season and toss. Cook for 30 minutes or until the butternut is just tender.
- While it’s in the oven, whizz together the salsa verde ingredients, loosening with olive oil if necessary.
- Remove from the oven.
- Mix in the chickpeas and add the slices of halloumi on top. Drizzle with a little more oil and roast for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle with the salsa verde and serve.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mini chopper or blender and blitz until smooth. Add extra olive oil if it’s too thick.