Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to fan 180°C, conventional 200°C, gas 6.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan until hot and then place chicken thighs fat side down and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden.
- Turn chicken thighs over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes on the underside.
- Place chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish and place in the oven to continue cooking for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan until hot and then sauté the pancetta for 2-3 minutes until crispy. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain off any excess oil from the pan.
- Add stock to the pan, bring to the boil and then plunge shredded cabbage into the pan. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until tender and the stock has evaporated.
- Add cannellini beans to the pan and cooked pancetta. Allow ingredients to warm through together stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes and then serve with the chicken.