This recipe contains ideas on making your jacket potato more exciting, and works great for the kids too.
20 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 8 – 10.
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Prick the potatoes and brush with oil. Sprinkle half with paprika and some with salt. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour or until tender. Split the potatoes diagonally and fill with the filling of your choice.
For fiery baked bean filling:
1. Cook the cocktail sausages under a preheated grill for 7-9 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Brush with a little of the sweet chilli sauce and place under the grill just to get sticky.
2. Pour the beans into a pan and heat gently for 3-4 minutes or until simmering. Add the chilli and simmer for a minute until the chilli has softened.
3. Cut the sausages in half and add to the beans. When ready to serve, spoon into the potatoes and top with a dollop of sour cream.
For the meatball filling:
1. Empty the meatballs into a pan and add the soy sauce and plum sauce. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through.
2. When ready to serve spoon into the potatoes and top with chopped coriander.
For the spaghetti filling:
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the red pepper and leek and cook until soft but not coloured. Add the spaghetti and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
2. When ready to serve, spoon into the jacket. Top with a pile of shredded spring onions.