This delicious Eggs Florentine dish is quick and easy to make and contains one of your 5-A-DAY. It can be enjoyed for breakfast, or as a healthy snack.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
· To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer. Crack the egg into a small bowl, tip into the pan of water and repeat for remaining eggs, reduce the heat, and cook until softly set.
· Place the spinach into a non-metallic bowl, cover and microwave for approximately 1½ minutes on high, or alternatively in a pan on the hob, stir halfway through heating. Drain very well.
· Toast the bread on each side.
· Spread each slice of toast with mustard; place each on a plate and then top with ham and spinach.
· Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, drain well and place on the spinach, season well and serve immediately.
Hints and Tips: Try replacing the ham with a rasher of crispy bacon.