Course: Main - Dish: Meat - Serves: 4
A tasty stir-fry thats quick to prepare and cook, a great way to liven up mid-week meals.
1. Heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan or wok.
2. Add the onion and fry until it is just softening, then add the garlic and continue frying for one minute.
3. Add the curry paste and rice, mix well.
4. Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil, and then reduce heat.
5. Then add the chicken, chickpeas and peas. Simmer very gently for about five minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice and all the ingredients are heated through.
6. Stir through the coriander and serve with spoonfuls of mango chutney.
Hints and Tips
For vegans and vegetarians, replace the cooked chicken with canned pulses such as butterbeans or jackfruit. Both are highly nutritious.
Remember that you can recycle all metal food cans.