Just in time for Chinese New Year, Canned Food UK brings you the next recipe in its ‘Family Fakeaway’ series – Chinese Spring Rolls! The recipe uses a range of canned vegetables for this takeaway alternative.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / Gas mark 5 and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix together the vegetables in a large bowl and stir through the 5 spice and 1 tbsp hoisin sauce.
- Lay out the pastry sheets and cut in half lengthways (to form long strips).
- Taking one length of filo at a time (keeping the rest of the sheets covered), brush lightly with the melted butter and place 12th of the vegetable mixture (approx. 1 heaped tablespoon) at the bottom of the filo. Fold the sides of the filo in and gently roll up. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Place onto the lined tray and repeat the process until all 12 have been made. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with the remaining hoisin sauce for dipping.