Our beautifully rich lentils with a lovely roast chicken breast, perfect for a mid-week dinner with a glass of red wine. Classic, quick and delicious.
- Season the breasts with salt and pepper and sear, skin down in a hot pan until brown. Transfer to the oven with a squeeze of lemon and the crushed garlic and roast for 15-20 minutes at 180°C fan.
- Chop the bacon and fry until crispy and the fat has rendered out, remove and reserve.
- In the same pan add finely diced onion, carrot and celery and sweat down slowly on a low heat until caramelised. Add the herbs.
- Add the drained green lentils, the mushroom soup, the bacon and a tsp of English mustard, bring to a low simmer and heat through for five minutes.
- To serve, slice the chicken breasts, top with the lentils, drizzle over some olive oil and scatter with some finely chopped parsley.