Our guest recipe this month comes from Ellen behind food blog Eat with Ellen.
Ellen says: “This recipe is a quick and easy dish using ingredients you’ll probably already have in your cupboard including canned chickpeas, tinned coconut milk and canned tomatoes. You could also use canned spinach and potatoes if you have them handy. It’s tasty, warming, and great as a one-bowl meal or served up with rice or naan if you’d prefer.”
- Start by putting your potatoes on to boil
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger and red chilli.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry onion, garlic and ginger and chilli until lightly browned.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan, along with the tomatoes and tikka curry paste. Stir together and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, drain and cut into bitesize pieces. Add to the curry.
- Stir in coconut milk and the spinach and simmer gently for another 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the fresh coriander.
- Divide into two and serve as a meal on its own, or divide into four and serve with rice or naan. Garnish with the chopped coriander.