Cajun Chicken with Mixed Bean, Pineapple and Thyme Rice
Course: Main - Dish: Meat - Serves: 4
Fancy a delicious home cooked meal but worried about the calories? This Cajun chicken dish contains less than 500 calories, but is guaranteed to satisfy your hunger
45 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
1. Cook the rice as per pack instructions.
2. Place the pineapple in a heated dry frying pan and cook for 1- 2 minutes each side until golden brown. Remove and when cool enough to handle, dice the pineapple.
3. Brush the chicken with a little oil and sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning. Leave to stand for up to 15 minutes.
4. Heat a dry frying pan and add the chicken to the pan and cook seasoned side first for 4 minutes. Add half the reserved pineapple juice.
5. Turn the chicken over, reduce the heat and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until cooked. Add a little more juice if necessary.
6. Finally drain the rice and combine with the pineapple, mixed beans and thyme.
7. Serve the Cajun chicken, with any remaining juice alongside the rice.