Starter – Crispy fried artichokes with crispy broad bean shells and a broad bean yoghurt dressing
We’ve teamed up with Masterchef 2016 finalists, Billy & Jack, to create the perfect canned food dinner party menu. Over the next few weeks, Billy & Jack will share their tasty recipes for a slap-up, three-course feast as part of our virtual #CannedFoodDinnerParty masterclass. We kick off with their summery starter – crispy fried artichokes with crispy broad bean shells and a broad bean yoghurt dressing.
“A taste of Italian Summer! Our crispy artichokes and fresh broad bean and yoghurt dressing are a perfect match. Great for a hot day, or even a cold day when you need some summer vibes!” – Billy & Jack
- Drain the artichokes and pat dry on kitchen roll. Reserve 4 x artichokes. Fry, either in a deep-fat fryer or in a heavy bottom saucepan at 130°C until slightly coloured – 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry, set aside.
- De-shell the beans, putting the shells aside on kitchen paper and the beans into a bowl. Mash the beans and add the zest and juice of the lemon, grate the garlic, mix in the yoghurt and season to taste.
- Fry the artichokes again at 190°C until crisp and golden, approx. 1 minute. Drain on kitchen paper, then add the broad bean shells to the oil until golden, around 30 seconds.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the yoghurt dressing on a plate, then three of the fried artichokes. Plus, one artichoke straight from the can, quartered. Drizzle over more dressing and sprinkle on the crispy
- Finish with a crack of pepper, squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and some finely chopped parsley.