This Beef & Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese was created exclusively for Canned Food by Mandy Simmonds of Simply Food by Mandy. This dish is a twist on the classic favourite, Spaghetti Bolognese. Using canned lentils adds fibre and nutrition to this dish making it the perfect family meal.
Serves four – six
- Sauté the onions until soft & golden. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mince and brown, making sure to break up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Season generously. Add the lentils, mushrooms, tomatoes & balsamic.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, place a lid on and simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours.
- If it looks too thick during the cooking time then add a little beef stock.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and toss with the sauce.