1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a deep sided frying pan or wok, add the onion and fry until golden.
2. Add the borlotti beans, heat through and roughly mash.
3. Cut the ciabatta into eight thick slices.
4. Preheat a ridged griddle pan or BBQ. Toast the ciabatta until scorch lines appear, turn over and toast the second side.
5. Rub the toasted ciabatta with garlic, drizzle with remaining olive oil, arrange on a serving dish.
6. Top each ciabatta with the mashed borlotti beans, artichokes and diced tomato.
7. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
Hints and Tips
By using canned beans, you can avoid the hassle and time of soaking and blanching them.