This American inspired dish has a variety of tastes and textures, making it a tasty teatime treat.
45 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4-6.
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the celery, bacon and onion until lightly coloured
2. Add the beans, frankfurters, cherry tomatoes, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and stir together well. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper
3. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, 400°F
4. Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the semolina or cornmeal and set to one side. In a smaller bowl, beat together the yoghurt, milk, eggs, melted butter, sweetcorn and
5. Transfer the cooked beans into a 2 litre (3 ¼ pint) shallow ovenproof dish. Using a dessertspoon, spoon the dumpling mixture evenly over the top of the beans covering most of the surface. Scatter over the cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the dumplings have risen and are golden brown