This is an exclusive recipe from Lola Milne’s new book, ‘Take One Tin’. Patatas bravas meets marinara sauce. The Marsala makes the potatoes sticky and sweet, but it can be swapped out for anything similar you have to hand, stock or water.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 7. On a large oven tray, toss the potatoes with the garlic cloves (bashed with the skin on), the olive oil and the rosemary, then season.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Add the Marsala (or stock) and then roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: heat the olive oil and add the sliced garlic, oregano and chilli flakes. Cook for 1 minute or so, then add the tomatoes. Season, bring to the boil then cook for 15 minutes on a medium-high heat.
- Blitz the sauce with a stick blender until smooth (it can be left chunky, if
- Remove the sticky potatoes from the oven and serve straight away with the sauce.
- Tip: Try beating 100g of feta into 200ml of soured cream: a cooling antidote to serve alongside the spicy tomato sauce.