Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
| of which saturates
| of which sugars
One serving of this recipe counts as 3
of your 5-A-DAY target of fruit and vegetable portions.
Hot Dog Enchiladas
Using a variety of canned ingredients, why not try mixing up traditional Mexican enchiladas by adding hot dogs? Taking just 30 minutes to prepare and cook, it’s perfect for a week day evening.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 1 x 560g can 8 hot dogs, sliced
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c, Gas 4, and grease a large ovenproof dish (approx. 20 x 30cm)
- Fry the onion and pepper slices until softened. Add 1/2 the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes until softened and thickened.
- Stir through the hot dog slices, kidney beans and half the grated cheese, until warmed through.
- Spoon the mixture between the flour tortillas and roll them up. Line them up in the ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the remaining tomatoes and top with remaining cheese. Scatter over the green chilli.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved