Of which saturates: 1.8g
Chickpeas are a source of vitamin E, great for your skin and maintaining a healthy heart
Moroccan Chicken with Minted Cous Cous and Chick Peas
This recipe provides you with a great source of folic acid, as well as being a filling and nutritious meal.
1 hour to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
Video demonstration part 1:
Video demonstration part 2:
|4 skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
½ -1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (use according to taste)
A pinch of paprika
A pinch ground cumin
|3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
225g (8 oz) cous cous
200g canned chick peas, drained
200g canned apricots in juice, drained and chopped
25g (1 oz) pistachios, lightly toasted
1. Slash the chicken breast 3 or 4 times.
2. Place the garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin, the juice of half the lemon and 1 tablespoon of the mint leaves in a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and turn a few times. Leave to marinate for approximdately 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cover the cous cous with boiling water and leave to soak for approximately 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and mix with the chick peas, apricots, the rest of the mint leaves and nuts.
4. Pre-heat the grill. Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray and grill for 6 or 7 minutes each side until cooked through.
5. Spoon the cous cous onto a plate and place the chicken on top. Serve with a green vegetable.