Chickpeas are a source of vitamin E, great for your skin and maintaining a healthy heart
Chick pea and Flageolet Bean Patties with Citrus Relish
A perfect recipe for those looking for a quick and easy lunch.
10 minutes to prepare and cook.
See “10 Minute Tasters” for more recipes
|For the patties:
410g can chickpeas, drained
400g can flageolet beans, drained
½ onion, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten with pepper
½ tsp turmeric and paprika
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
25g / 1oz breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
|For the relish:
1 orange, peeled and segmented
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp chopped coriander
2 pitta breads
1. Put all the ingredients for the patties in a large bowl and mash with a fork. The mixture should have the texture of lumpy mashed potatoes.
2. Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and form into a ball.
3. Press down to form a little patty and grill for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
4. Mix together the relish ingredients.
5. Serve the relish in warm pitta bread with plenty of mixed salad.