Nutritional information per serving:
Sat Fat: 15.3g
Canned tomatoes are an excellent source of cancer-fighting antioxidant lycopene
Tuna & Broccoli Pasta Bake
This wholesome pasta dish will feed a hungry family and contains plenty of healthy protein.
35 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “u.can cook” for more recipes devised with James Martin
2 x 185g cans tuna, drained
400g can cherry tomatoes
150g broccoli, broken into small florets
1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 Tbsp tomato puree
2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
50g Cheddar cheese, grated
1 Tbsp oil
1. Plunge the broccoli into a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, cool under cold running water and drain.
2. Cook the pasta as directed on back of pack.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or deep sided frying pan and stir-fry the red pepper until just soft, stir in the Mascarpone, tomato puree and cherry tomatoes, mix well and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in tuna, broccoli and pasta.
4. Place in a 1½ litre ovenproof dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Cheddar cheese and place under a hot grill until golden brown.
5. Delicious served with a green salad.
You can find sustainable canned fish at the supermarket.
Hints and Tips: Try replacing the broccoli with a small can of drained sweetcorn.