Nutritional information per serving:
Sat Fat: 0.6g
Canned lentils and spinach are sources of iron, which is good for red blood cell production - plus there's no need to soak the lentils!
Lentil & Spinach Curry
Bursting with portions of your 5-A-DAY, this low-calorie curry is perfect for vegetarians.
20 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “u.can cook” for more recipes devised with James Martin
410g can green lentils, drained
380g can leaf spinach, drained
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 red onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp Balti curry paste
150ml vegetable stock
20g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in a wok, or deep sided frying pan. Fry onion until soft, add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
2. Stir in curry paste and gently fry for 1 minute.
3. Stir in tomatoes, stock and lentils, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in spinach and gently heat through.
5. Remove from heat, stir in coriander.
6. Serve with warm naan bread and chutney.
Hints and Tips: Use your favourite curry powder as an alternative to curry paste.