1. Heat the oil in a deep sided frying pan or wok.
2. Add the onion and fry until soft, add the mince and brown.
3. Add garlic and cumin and fry for a minute.
4. Stir in kidney beans and tomatoes, gently simmer for 15 minutes.
5. To serve, preheat oven to fan 180°C, conventional 200°C, gas 6.
6. Place taco shells, open end down on a baking sheet and heat for 2-3 minutes.
7. Stuff the warmed tacos with lettuce, fill with the chilli beef, top with jalapenos and cheese, eat immediately while the taco is crisp.
Hints and Tips:
Try serving with tomato salsa and sour cream.
If you are unable to find kidney beans in chilli sauce, use a can of red kidney beans and add 1-2 tsp chilli powder with cumin.