Nutritional information per serving:
Sat Fat: 7.2g
Canned beef is a great source of Iron which is good for red blood cell production
Corned Beef Hash
An updated version of a traditional British dish and so quick and easy to make.
20 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “u.can cook” for more recipes devised with James Martin
340g can corned beef, cut into bite size pieces
567g can new potatoes, drained and thickly sliced
198g can sweetcorn, drained
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp English mustard powder
1 Tbsp Worcester sauce
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. Place corned beef in a bowl, add mustard powder and Worcester sauce and mix well.
2. In a large frying pan, heat oil, add onion and fry until soft.
3. Add potatoes and continue frying until they begin to turn brown.
4. Add corned beef and sweetcorn, continue frying until all the ingredients are heated through.
5. Stir through the parsley, place on a warm serving dish and keep warm. Fry the eggs and serve immediately on top of the corned beef.
6. Delicious served with crusty bread.
Hints and Tips:
Place the can of corned beef in the fridge for a while prior to cooking.
Vary this dish by adding your favourite vegetables, try frying chopped red pepper with the onion, or some freshly
chopped red chilli.
For a healthier version try serving with poached eggs.