Serves: Between 2-3
Energy: 458 kcals / 1942 kJ
Canned sweetcorn is a source of folic acid, which helps normal growth development and cell renewal
Baked Tuna Macaroni
This is a healthy dish, perfectly served as a starter, snack or side dish for hungry kids or busy teens.
20 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 2 -3.
|2 x 410g cans macaroni cheese
340g sweetcorn, drained
|200g tuna in brine, drained
2 tomatoes sliced
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Pour the macaroni into a large saucepan.
3. Add the sweetcorn and heat gently.
4. Spoon half the macaroni into the bottom of a shallow dish. Place the tuna on top of the macaroni.
5. Cover the tuna with the remaining macaroni. Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the macaroni. Place under the grill and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften.
6. Leave the macaroni to cool. When chilled, split between 2-3 plastic containers and serve with salad.
You can find sustainable canned fish at the supermarket.