Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
| of which saturates
|of which sugars
Do you have turkey and other food hanging around from Christmas? This taco soup is perfect for using up left overs and makes a change from traditional festive meals.
For the topping:
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 rounded tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ x 142g can tomato puree
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 300g canned or cooked chicken, diced or thickly shredded
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 50g cheddar, grated
- 1 large handful tortilla chips
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Gently fry the onion until softened. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, then add chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue to cook until heated through. Spoon into serving bowls. Top with the sour cream, avocado, cheddar, tortilla chips and coriander leaves.
- Cook’s tip: Simple using canned chicken or great for using up leftover chicken from your roast dinner.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved