Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
| of which saturates
| of which sugars
One serving of this recipe counts as 1
of your 5-A-DAY target of fruit and vegetable portions.
Steak, fried onion and truffle pie served with steak and mushroom puree
Why just have steak when you can have a steak pie as well!?
One for all those pies fans out there, this is served with a quick but delicious mushroom puree. We’re a big fan!
- 4 x steak (rump/sirloin/fillet)
- 1 x 285g whole button canned mushrooms
- 1 x 400g canned stewed steak in gravy
- 1 x 390g canned fried onions
- 1 x sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 100ml double cream
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 egg beaten
- 250g season greens such as kale or canned spinach
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the canned steak and half the can of fried onions, drain, reserving the liquor, stir through a tsp oil and season.
- Cut eight 9cm diameter discs out of the pastry, press four discs into a bun tin, 5cm in diameter and fill with the pie mix and top with a little more truffle oil. Brush the pastry edges with egg wash, cover with the remaining four pastry discs, press down the edges and seal around with a fork.
- Brush the lids with the remaining egg and pierce a hole in the tops. Place back in the fridge to reset the pastry.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the mushrooms and add to a pan with the double cream and some seasoning, heat for 10 minutes on a low heat then blend to a puree.
- Reduce the beef stock and add the reserved liquor and a little truffle Keep warm.
- Cook the steak and greens to your liking and serve with the pie, puree and gravy.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved