Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
| of which saturates
| of which sugars
Billy & Jack’s roasted sweetcorn hummus (ve)
In celebration of International Hummus Day (13th May), Canned Food UK brings you the next recipe in Billy and Jack’s Dinner Party Masterclass – roasted sweetcorn hummus. The recipe uses canned sweetcorn and chickpeas.
- 1 x 400g can sweetcorn
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 2 tsp tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- Rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tsp zaatar
- Smoked salt, a pinch
- Seasonal vegetables/flatbreads
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan. Drain the sweetcorn and pour onto a preheated baking tray, roast for 10 minutes, until turning golden brown, reserve a tbsp for later and tip the rest into a blender or food processor.
- Add the drained chickpeas, tahini, garlic, juice of the lemon and a tbsp of rapeseed oil. Blend on full speed, add water to reach the desired consistency, season generously with the smoked salt and blend again.
- Pour into a serving bowl, indent the top with a spoon and top with an even covering of first rapeseed oil, then the coconut flakes, reserved roasted corn and the zaatar.
- Serve with seasonal raw vegetables and/or flatbreads to dip.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved