Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
| of which saturates
| of which sugars
One serving of this recipe counts as 2
of your 5-A-DAY target of fruit and vegetable portions.
Mediterranean Baked Eggs
Using just one pan, this recipe for Mediterranean Baked Eggs is a delicious and easy way to get canned vegetables and protein into your diet – without much washing up! Taking 20 minutes to prepare, it’s perfect for a busy evening.
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 1 small courgette, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 200g can butter beans
- 4 x medium eggs
- In a large frying pan cook the chorizo for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the courgette and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the smoked paprika and garlic, cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes have softened and thickened.
- Stir through the butterbeans and sweetcorn. Then, make 4 wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each of them. Cover with a lid (or foil) and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the egg whites have set.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved