Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
| of which saturates
|of which sugars
Individual Salmon Puff Pastry Tarts
A refreshing spring dish that uses tinned salmon, canned green beans, creamed cheese and puff pastry. Perfect for April picnics!
175g full fat soft cheese
1 lemon, zest and juice
½ bunch chives, chopped
1 x 200g can pink salmon, skin and bones removed
½ x 400g can green beans, drained
1 x sheet ready rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
Cook’s tip: For something a little different, the green beans can be swapped for canned artichoke hearts.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix together the soft cheese, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of juice and the chopped chives. In a separate bowl gently stir together the salmon and green beans.
- Unroll puff pastry sheet and cut into 8 rectangles (8cm x 12cm). Place the pastry rectangles onto the lined baking sheet, leaving space between them.
- Thickly spread the cheese mixture onto the middle of the rectangles, leaving about 1cm border for the pastry to puff up. Top with the salmon and beans.
- Brush a little beaten egg over the pastry borders and bake for 18-20 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden.
© 2017 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved