Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
||Per serving (½ pizza)
| of which saturates
| of which sugars
Hawaiian Pizza – Family Fakeaway
Just in time for National Picnic Week, Canned Food UK brings you the next recipe in its ‘Family Fakeaway’ series – Hawaiian Pizza. This recipe uses a range of canned fruit, vegetables and meat for a tasty takeaway pizza alternative.
- 250g strong white flour
- 1 tsp canned easy bake yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ x 142g can tomato puree
- ½ x 200g can ham, cubed
- 1 x 227g can pineapple chunks, drained well
- 100g grated cheddar or mozzarella
- Place the flour and yeast into a large bowl. Add the salt, oil and 160ml warm water and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 8-10 minutes , until smooth and elastic.
- Roll out the dough to about 12 inches, making a thin pizza base. Place onto a greased or lined baking tray.
- Stir together the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, then spread over the pizza base. Top with the ham, pineapple and cheese. Leave to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6. When ready, bake the pizza for 18-20 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved