Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
||Per serving (437g)
| of which saturates
| of which sugars
One serving counts as 3
of your 5-A-DAY target of fruit and vegetable portions.
Chicken Pad Thai – Family Fakeaway
The first recipe in our ‘Family Fakeaway’ series is here – a delicious Chicken Pad Thai. It’s filled with canned vegetables that count towards your 5-a-day! Take a look at the recipe below to create your own Thai food using canned ingredients.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 200g can chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 x 400g can beansprouts
- 1/2 x 400g can green beans
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 150g 'straight to wok' or cooked rice noodles
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 50g peanuts, roughly chopped
- Fry the garlic and chilli in the oil for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the chicken, beansprouts and green beans, continue cooking for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and toss around the cooked noodles, until heated through.
- Push the noodle mixture to one side of the pan, pour in the egg and quickly stir through the noodles as the egg cooks.
- Sprinkle over the peanuts and serve immediately.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved