Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
||Per serving* (236g)
| of which saturates
| of which sugars
*excludes coriander garnish, rice and naan bread
One serving counts as 2
of your 5-A-DAY target of fruit and vegetable portions.
Chicken Jalfrezi – Family Fakeaway
Just in time for National Curry Week (22nd – 28th October 2018), here is the next recipe in our ‘Family Fakeaway’ series – a sensational chicken jalfrezi!
Filled with canned ingredients, this tasty jalfrezi will be sure to keep those takeaway cravings at bay.
- 1 onion, 2 - 3 cm diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 peppers, 2 - 3 cm diced
- 1 tbsp canned ghee
- 3 - 4 heaped tbsp jalfrezi spice paste (adjust to taste)
- 2 x 200g cans chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Fresh coriander, Basmati rice and naan to serve
- In a large pan, fry the onions, garlic and peppers in the ghee until softened.
- Add the jalfrezi paste and continue cooking for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, canned tomatoes and 200ml of water. Simmer for 8 - 10 minutes until everything has heated through and the sauce thickens.
- Serve with a handful of fresh coriander, rice and naan.
© 2019 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved